Already last year I enjoyed the UK Internet Governance Forum.
This year Digital Minister The Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP spread his enthusiasm again and the Shadow Minister for Industrial Strategy Chi Onwurah MP shared her technical expertise in the context of ‘fake news’.
The morning focussed on cyber security.
Re Fake News, the Policy Director for UK of Facebook was part of the debate!
Chi Onwurah MP advocated that
- democratic representatives of the people should have access to code / algorithm!
Carl Miller from DEMOS was rather provocative by suggesting that there is a
- race between ‘internet psychology’ and ‘politics’
- politicians ought to assert themselves
- and civilise power!
James Cook, the Tech Editor of Business Insider UK was also most interesting to hear.
Shaping Your Digital Future – Principles of Internet Governance was a breakout session based on remarkable Principles on Identification published by the World Bank Group.
- Universal Coverage;
- Robust, secure and accurate;
- Interoperable and responsive;
- Open Standards and Technology Neutral;
- Privacy by design;
- Planned for financial and operational sustainability.
- safeguarding data privacy, security and user rights through a comprehensive legal regulatory framework;
- establishing clear institutional mandates and accountability;
- enforcing legal and trust frameworks through independent oversight and adjudication of grievances.
However, it has to be recognised that:
- technology moves at 100 mph;
- legislation moves at 2 mph.
TRUST through SCRUTINY is a good new motto, especially as it’s a cowboy world out there!
May the gap be narrow between good principles and actual implementation and enforcement mechanisms!
The British Computer Society [BCS] has been my club in town, ever since a professor of the London Metropolitan Uni introduced me to it. This week we held our first event that I contributed to:
Very good not only to meet Prof. David Ormerod QC but also the President of the BCS Ray Long. We now have a single page of Points for further discussion and we’re planning the follow-up meeting soon!
The previous consultation was on Misconduct in Public Office with Police Corruption as an offence.
Meeting LSE Prof Emeritus and ‘cultural maverick’ Aladin Aladin at a NESTA event on innovation inspired me to describe a conceptual art installation and I looked for famous paintings as input to our Smart Knowledge Engine.
- Here’s a video I put together about Mona Lisa, as I’m gathering screenshots for our Gallery on a Smart Knowledge Space as a new website.
And then there was my hyper-frustration with innovateUK where you can not submit a video for a grant application, let along a link to Software As A Service… pdf is the only format they are willing to look at.
What chance do I have to make that ‘quantum leap’ from paper-based thinking to ‘digitally yours’?
I have had to discover that:
- Screenshots tell 1,000 words;
- Videos tell 1,000,000 tales;
- But our Smart Knowledge Engine makes you go WOW. AMAZING.
- first, when you SEE a 2D image in ‘True Colour 3D’ – the larger the screen the more dramatic!
- then, when you tilt and move, rotate and zoom, change lighting and colour, attenuate and invert, i.e. discover depth, detail, structure and tell new stories about the light and colour that can now be revealed in every image.
It’s just not ready for being driven by ‘anybody’ yet.
I don’t want to risk messing up first impressions, unless you INSIST!… Email sabine at domain 3d-metrics.com if you want the link to our engine as ‘work in progress’.
In mainframe computing it was called ‘bootstrapping’ when you start yourself with your own devices.
Since my last funding application was refused again, I clearly have to make money some other way to pay programmers to develop my mathematical innovations and software designs.
@SabineMcNeill doesn’t connect with Lifting Eyes, Face and Body but Wordpress is working on that.
@LiftOff2016 is therefore my new twitter account to promote Health, Wealth and Beauty via these three smart products designed in Germany:
- an Eye Lifter to brighten your tired eyes (a taxi driver uses it instead of Red Bull now)
- a Face Lifter to undo wrinkles with the magic of hyaluronic serum and the hi-tech of micro-current, radio-frequency and electrical muscle stimulation
- a Body Lifter to naturally reform those dodgy areas…
The German company Wellstar branded it BYAS: Bionic Youth Activating System and we are introducing it to the UK, starting in Wembley.
There’s smartness not only in the products but also in the distribution method: ‘social club selling’ is a combination of
- direct marketing and
And thus I am currently receiving fully fledged face lifter treatments to become a ‘product of the products’ and a model for
- ageing with grace and beauty
- and making money for non-selfish purposes: to finance research and software development.
Normally, those lifter treatments are only available from big machines in professional beauty salons.
Normally, the super-serum is the secret of celebrities.
Normally, big brands make big money from little people.
This is a very different opportunity for everybody who wants to share information to empower their fellow human beings.