This cultural anthropologist inspires companies like Rand, Microsoft and Apple. This video is a compilation of clips.
TED and other public talks are:
Here’s a moving account of one of his key or ‘peak experiences‘ in life.
His 10 rules are for business what the 10 commandments are for Christians: guidelines for action and food for reflection, inner signposts and reminders to ‘stay on track’. Mine has been:
Follow your Bliss, ever since I discovered it in The Hero’s Journey – the Hero being the person who challenges nobody other than themselves.
In the context of corporations, Simon Sinek puts it as “your only competition is yourself!”
With hindsight, ever since I left CERN without the disability pension that I should have received, if Mr Staempfli had not committed insurance fraud, here’s how I happen to have applied Simon’s rules:
- Break the Rules: I thought my own thoughts and captured them with all sorts of software, on all sorts of computers ever since I bought my first APPLE which came with this remarkable poem The Uncommon Man. It seems to have set the tone for my life with small computers after having learned about computing principles on mainframes.
- Train the Mind: I learned all sorts of meditation techniques.
- Be Patient: I learned to live one day at a time and wait for whatever turns me on next.
- Take Accountability: I take response-ability as much as I can, i.e. I like to RESPOND to people with whom I’m in touch.
- Outdo Yourself: The best proof I guess is my practice of the rather challenging Hot Yoga where every session is a challenge to the mind and our commitment to ourselves.
- Stack the Deck: I guess every blog and every online petition of mine is the deck that I’ve stacked to express my beliefs about politics and justice . Similarly, all my 3d metric sites and all my printed files from the times before the internet which include 5 patents are my scientific deck.
- Be the Last to Speak: This is apparently what Nelson Mandela learned from his father who was the leader of their tribe. I’ve learned to ‘democratise air time’ when I facilitate meetings, by using the ‘talking stone’ of native Americans.
- Be Authentic: “I say what I mean and I mean what I say” is one of my ‘mantras’, i.e. affirmations that my feelings are behind my mind.
- Find your Passion: Following my inner voice, my inner drummer that puts music into my inner ear, I do whatever makes me happiest at any time.
- Start with Why: Asking myself about motivation and intention has become part of my learning about self-knowledge.
Note: Apple do not tweet, but have 947K followers!
In mainframe computing it was called ‘bootstrapping’ when you start yourself with your own devices.
Since my last funding application was refused again, I clearly have to make money some other way to pay programmers to develop my mathematical innovations and software designs.
@SabineMcNeill doesn’t connect with Lifting Eyes, Face and Body but Wordpress is working on that.
@LiftOff2016 is therefore my new twitter account to promote Health, Wealth and Beauty via these three smart products designed in Germany:
- an Eye Lifter to brighten your tired eyes (a taxi driver uses it instead of Red Bull now)
- a Face Lifter to undo wrinkles with the magic of hyaluronic serum and the hi-tech of micro-current, radio-frequency and electrical muscle stimulation
- a Body Lifter to naturally reform those dodgy areas…
The German company Wellstar branded it BYAS: Bionic Youth Activating System and we are introducing it to the UK, starting in Wembley.
There’s smartness not only in the products but also in the distribution method: ‘social club selling’ is a combination of
- direct marketing and
And thus I am currently receiving fully fledged face lifter treatments to become a ‘product of the products’ and a model for
- ageing with grace and beauty
- and making money for non-selfish purposes: to finance research and software development.
Normally, those lifter treatments are only available from big machines in professional beauty salons.
Normally, the super-serum is the secret of celebrities.
Normally, big brands make big money from little people.
This is a very different opportunity for everybody who wants to share information to empower their fellow human beings.
I am practising my ‘software-aided thinking’ alternating between Word and Excel for a ‘betting king’ and his programmer who give me a chance to demonstrate my particular approach to number, time and measuring. Hence I trust that 2015 WILL be a year of breakthrough for my professional life with zest.
Regarding my social life with meaning, I can only hope that this case will become the breakthrough we’ve been working towards:
Barnet County Court
It took me quite a while to get my head, heart and strategic thinking in line with the necessities to respond to calls for court proceedings in the case of a Russian mum whose two children were taken by Barnet Police on 11 September 2015.
On 05 September they had been recorded by the police when they reported the crimes they have experienced as victims and witnesses. Too terrible to read about. But when you watch and listen to the children, you cannot but believe them. They are 8 and 9 years old and very articulate indeed. The brother confirms what the sister says independently. They are consistent all along – ever since they first started to talk while on holidays and then at the Police.
On 17 September, they were recorded to have retracted their allegations…
I ‘assisted’ as McKenzie Friend with the preparation of 2 of the 3 court hearings at Barnet County Court:
- Judge Vera Mayer who had also decided over the fate of Melissa Laird (deported so that her son could be kept for adoption) first decided to reserve the case for herself.
- She also only allowed one McKenzie Friend to accompany the mother.
- She didn’t allow others or the public into the gallery. As if Sir James Munby never announced that the secrecy of family courts should be lifted!…
- On 23 December she passed the case on to Mrs Justice Pauffley as if it was habitual for judges to do so…
Nick McKeown wants to redefine the internet by thinking about its essentials: the forwarding rules for data packets. I reported about his remarkable lecture on this blog and wonder when I will be able to let him know how my numerical metadata could make a difference. But there is no point doing it before I’ve got the algorithms ‘black boxed’ such that open source developers can make good use of it.
- I am redefining disability by using Nordic walking sticks rather than crutches.
- I am redefining ageing by doing hot Yoga regularly since 2006. 502 classes in London and some 100 classes in Berlin when I cared for my mum.
- In my scientific work, I am re-defining too much, as a journalist friend pointed out to me. Well spotted!!!
That’s why I live my social life with meaning, until the right combination of people & money presents itself.
For the degrees of victimisation that I’m trying to tackle are getting too much:
Here I said “it’s too much” before the EU Petitions Committee in Brussels whom we want to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent.