Nick McKeown wants to redefine the internet by thinking about its essentials: the forwarding rules for data packets. I reported about his remarkable lecture on this blog and wonder when I will be able to let him know how my numerical metadata could make a difference. But there is no point doing it before I’ve got the algorithms ‘black boxed’ such that open source developers can make good use of it.
- I am redefining disability by using Nordic walking sticks rather than crutches.
- I am redefining ageing by doing hot Yoga regularly since 2006. 502 classes in London and some 100 classes in Berlin when I cared for my mum.
- In my scientific work, I am re-defining too much, as a journalist friend pointed out to me. Well spotted!!!
That’s why I live my social life with meaning, until the right combination of people & money presents itself.
For the degrees of victimisation that I’m trying to tackle are getting too much:
- Maurice Kirk needs to be freed on medical grounds;
- The Musas need should never have been incarcerated only to take their children;
- Melissa Laird should never have been imprisoned so that her son could get adopted.
Here I said “it’s too much” before the EU Petitions Committee in Brussels whom we want to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent.